Thread: Muchamiel
View Single Post
Old August 8, 2015   #23
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJustice View Post
Hello Everyone. I have been farming too much, but enjoy eating the tomatoes, Amen!!

I agree with you I received my seeds a Customer who have been growing his Native Muchameil Tomatoes for decades. I eat them up to the point I can't help myself. They taste like sweet tomato pizza sauce.

Do your Muchamiel Tomatoes like this:

http://www.angelfieldfarms.com/store...%E2%80%9D.html

I Donated some of these seeds to the Seed Saver Exchange last year.
Joyce,I see you donated seeds to SSE but it was first listed in the Gurney seed catalog as Muchamiel in 1985 and several SSE members got it from there and it's been SSE listed in the Yearbook now for many years and is still listed in the 2015 SSE YEarbook.

When folks SSE list a variety for many years SSE would send that person money to pay for any varieties they offered that SSE didn't have in their seed bank, and since in my 1993 SSE YEarbook it was listed, at that time they were still listing it so already have it.

The person listing it in the 2015 Yearbook, for members only, got it from an SSE member who is from Spain and who lists 72 varieties in the current Yearbook.

If you ever want to donate seeds to SSE again, as you have before, why don't you ask me to check my Yearbooks to be sure SSE doesn't already have it.

Lastly, could I please plead with you NOT to change the name to The Spaniards? The variety is known everywhere as Muchamiel and I think it's best to never change an original name to something else.

Carolyn