View Single Post
Old November 30, 2016   #2258
Barb_FL
Tomatovillian™

On the pool deck, it is worse b/c the EB on are casters which makes them really unsteady from the weight. I have to remember this setup (for sun) and remove the casters.

This season I decided that no tomato plant would be planted without a cage. I've kept my word too. In the back yard, it is easier because I can drive stakes in the ground. Bought 4 T-Posts to test. 2 are on the other side of the pool deck holding 2 EB; one of which is Kelloggs Breakfast with it's 20+ fruits. The EB are on the edge of the pool deck with the stakes in the ground.

Another T Post is holding up SunGold and the final one is holding up Orange Slice with it's 30+ tomatoes. In the backyard, I've pruned a lot too.

DH then cut points in some wood stakes and pounded them in the ground; they are holding others.

But earlier this week, the wind caused my poor Dwarf Beauty King tomato plant to collapse from the weight of the fruit. I hoisted it back up but it was hard on the plant. Any new flowers are long gone; none of the fruit fell off. The fruit is big but not changing color.

Weird too b/c I have a Wild Fred Plant with 12 huge fruits on the bottom and 10+ in the middle/top and holding up fine.
Barb_FL is offline   Reply With Quote