View Single Post
Old January 19, 2014   #4
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

http://tatianastomatobase.com/wiki/Indian_Stripe

And as you can see from the link above I was the person who first introduced it and have grown it many times, for seed stock, for my SSE listings and also for seed offers going back before Tville started.

And where I grow tomatoes in upstate NY I have never had a problem with splitting,etc.

I do read and post at several message sites and also get the SSE Yearbooks so have great feedback from all of those places, especially the SSE Yearbooks.

It is a version of CP in many ways and there have to be 100 threads about it here at Tville.

Personally I'm not all that fond of so called dark tomatoes, although I've grown many varieties but a few exceptions might include, in addition to IS and CP, Black from Tula, Brad's Black Heart, Vorlon and a coupleof black cherry varieties.

As is oft said, different strokes for different folks, and yes, I used to sell fruits that I left for sale at a farmstand so I know well the difficulty of problems with varieties that split, often due to weather, as well as shelf life, if you will.

Carolyn