View Single Post
Old August 17, 2012   #11
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Just an update.

Two men came to my home yesterday, and the one came to interview me. And Dennis surprised me when he said he'd been an SSE member for 30 years.

But I'm posting b'c he brought me two huge Dester tomatoes, one that was fully ripe that I took a large bite from and set up a fermentation with the rest of the fruit and I'll let the other one ripen up to eat, but I might need to process that one as well.

What I'm saying is that I thought Dester was delicious and the flesh is very dense with very few seeds yet enough juice to enhance the taste.

I think Dennis said that he did get his seeds from Larry Pierce.

Since this summer will be the first time that folks are growing it it will be interesting to me and I'm sure others to see the feedback.

I'll have enough seeds to send to Craig who raises my plants for me, and some to send to either Shoe or Lee or Neil for seed production in 2013 but not enough seeds to share with others, that I know, with the exception of a couple of long time friends who know how to deal with just a few seeds and are very experienced in terms of seed germination.