View Single Post
Old December 21, 2012   #5
Rockporter
Tomatovillian™

Thanks all, a little more info about my area and the challenges ahead.

I must anchor this with a permit through the city because we have high winds in our area and I am not far from the Gulf of Mexico.

Because of the winds in the area and the hail storms we have I need to have a good roof structure to be worthwhile because in the long run I will probably put out just as much in cost replacing the roof continously if I use plastic.

I want to collect rain off the roof so I am not using city water that is so laden in Chlorine that I cannot drink it.

Cole, I have taken note of the sharp edges on the frame, thanks.

Apine, I will try to remember to post photos.

Hotwired, I sure wish I could use some of those types of carports here but the wind just tears them up in a pretty quick heartbeat. I like your setup and I will definitely use your thermocube design for my heat.

Thankfully, because we are so close to the Gulf of Mexico we don't freeze too often but last night we had a freeze and there was no warning. All of my tomato plants have suffered and I think I may be pulling them out tomorrow. Hence the reason for having this carport setup with walls that come down because a freeze will be few and far between but I still need protection from the rain here too. I am excited to get this thing all planned out.

~Margaret Atwood~

Rockporter is offline   Reply With Quote