View Single Post
Old November 8, 2016   #2114
Zone9b
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger2778 View Post
Hi Larry, there are folks who reinforce their trusses when fruit gets heavier. We have mostly found that limiting stems seems not to limit production, because the stems left keep producing as they grow. I limit stems yo keep plants from getting unruly. I am welcoming the smount of fruit developing.
The variety that caused my interest is a store variety that Ginny collected seeds from. She generously gave me some seeds. She referred to it as Danny F3. I have I think 3 in 10 gallon pots. The plant is aggressive and tall and they are loaded with clusters of tomatoes. The tomatoes are grape tomato sized, maybe 1" x 1 1/2" long, but I'm guessing the tomatoes are normally much larger. Maybe mine will get larger but it appears to me that they will for the most part remain the size they are now and hopefully ripen. I generally don't significantly reduce the stems on these, hoping they won't grow super tall. I was just wondering if I topped them and reduced the plant size and the number of tomatoes set and to set, that it might cause the remaining tomatoes to get larger. Maybe I will top one of them tomorrow to just see what happens.
Thanks,
Larry

Last edited by Zone9b; November 8, 2016 at 06:37 PM.
Zone9b is offline   Reply With Quote