View Single Post
Old June 17, 2021   #380
b54red
Tomatovillian™

I had to remove five plants with TSWV from my first bed of grafted tomatoes yesterday and since the plants were only five weeks in the ground I replaced them immediately. I have a couple of others that may be sick but so far the only symptom showing on them is they are smaller than the surrounding plants which could be nothing so I will keep a close eye on them. As of now my TSWV loses are running at slightly less than 10% so nothing much beyond what I expect every year now. I have set out more plants than normal this year so even if the loses get as high as 20% or 25% it won't be a tragedy. I would love it if it stayed as low as it is now which is basically my minimum lose each year to TSWV. I have also been hit really hard by fusarium wilt in my earliest bed of tomatoes which was the only one with non grafted plants I set out this year. At least half of them are being affected by fusarium and I have already had almost a third of them die from it. Out of 23 plants in that bed only about six seem unaffected by either fusarium wilt or TSWV.

Bill
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote