View Single Post
Old March 28, 2007   #46
bugsy
Tomatovillian™

feldon, I'm not sure if you're joking or not so I'll answer your question just in case, also in case others were curious. The cucumbers you buy at the store will never have viable seed. Why? What you get at the store are immature fruit. You wouldn't want them to have viable seed because cucumbers are really gross when ripe, as in big, bloated and full of nasty seeds in the middle. Cukes are in the same family as melons and pumpkins so that is basically what they look like when they're ripe.

In fact, most people like the really immature ones because they are generally seedless (without even little immature bendy white seeds) and you just get pure, seedless, crunchy goodness.

So...yes I would need access to a ripe cucumber. What can I do. I have no idea at this point. I have tried to look around at overseas purveyors and haven't really seen anything. I have googled and googled. Perhaps someone else with better skillz will be able to find a source. I would be so happy because then my family will get off my back.

--I forgot that Diva was also pretty close to the persian cuke ideal but not an exact match. If all else fails maybe I'll buy some more Diva seeds.

Last edited by bugsy; March 28, 2007 at 01:02 PM.
bugsy is offline   Reply With Quote