View Single Post
Old July 29, 2010   #8
remy
Buffalo-Niagara Tomato TasteFest™ Coordinator

Eyolf,
Thanks for reminiscing. I also got married in 91 and we bought a house. (I also lived in some not so well furnished places during college. Now that I've been a responsible adult for so long I can say that I actually got evicted for my parties at one place. I threw good parties!) The following spring, I planted tomatoes. It was just the natural thing to do. I bought plants, and I ended up very disappointed in the flavor. I had no clue about heirlooms and all that. I just knew they didn't taste like the tomatoes I remembered.
My mother-in-law who saw that I had an interest in gardening, gave me some garden mags, in particular OG. That's when I realized I need to get seeds. I ordered catalogs from a few ads I saw, and then I was off and running. I know of the first heirlooms I grew I had Prudens Purple and Amish Paste.
Funny thing is I never paid attention to the names of people in the articles. Now looking back it is "Hey I know that person!"
Remy

Yes, we have a great party for WNY/Ontario tomato growers every year on Grand Island!
Owner of The Sample Seed Shop
remy is offline   Reply With Quote