View Single Post
Old April 21, 2017   #242
MuddyToes
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by shule1 View Post
That reminds me of how I neglected to level off the dirt before I set up my greenhouse, this year. All the water that drained out went to one end of some of the trays. I stuffed some soil under the greenhouse to correct the biggest issue. However, for the last two or three days, I've had a toad that talks to me from under the tarp that's under my greenhouse whenever I go to water stuff. I wouldn't have known what it was if I hadn't studied toad calls in 2015 or so. I guess it's living under the tarp, in the middle of the greenhouse (I'm not sure if it would do that if it were level—probably, since toads like to stay warm, and they might find a way). It's just a small 6'x5'x3' unheated greenhouse in our backyard (I only use it for seed-starting). It's getting some wear, though. It turns out that the vents don't seem to be UV resistant, though (same for the plastic fittings). If I ever get another one, or repair this one, I should spray those down with something to make it UV resistant. The cover itself is UV resistant, though (and durable).
In my younger days, before I was married, I had a crappy apartment where the storm door didn't close completely and a toad used to hop in every evening and sit in the middle of my livingroom and watch TV with me and my dog. True story.
MuddyToes is offline   Reply With Quote