View Single Post
Old February 25, 2018   #3119
Barb_FL
Tomatovillian™

Wanted to share and post some pictures.

My next door neighbor does a huge garage sale yearly. This year I asked if I could put up a table and sell tomatoes and tomato plants. Garage sale starts at 8 (although people got there way earlier). I was completely sold out by 9:30. I collected $137.
Sold tomatoes (mostly cherries - SunChocola, SunPeach, some SunGold, Esterina, and Brad's Atomic Grape in little bowls ($2) or boats ($3) combos. They were really pretty. A couple of the boats had 2 BigBeef tomatoes and the cherry mix as fill.

I ran out twice during that time and went back home to pick more. Subsequent picking didn't have BAG b/c ripeness isn't obvious like the others and I needed to be fast.

I planned on making 30 bowls/boats but my husband was so discouraging that I would be disappointed. Then when I ran out and was at home picking tomatoes, he thought I took a long time and tells me all the sales I missed.

I also sold a few plants - Cuttings $5 and plants such as Sukara for $10.

Pictures:

1. Rebel Alliance - Inspired by Marsha's picture in her '17-18 grow thread. I just wish I started it when I admired her plant.

2. Momotaro - I grew this last year and was worth a repeat performance. Started way later than my other plants.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rebel Alliance.jpg (406.3 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg Momotaro.jpg (394.2 KB, 39 views)
Barb_FL is offline   Reply With Quote