View Single Post
Old August 25, 2017   #2932
Zone9b
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by efisakov View Post
Hi, Larry. Because of your recommendations I am growing some new plants and loving them. Thank you. I was picking leaves of Arugula Astro even when it bolted. Seeded new for fall from my own seeds. Shared it with my neighbor, she loved it too.
How is the Ping Tung Long for you (production, taste, too seedy, none-bitter?).
I am planning to order broccoli seeds for next year and wondering if you found anything new that is better than Castle Dom or Packman?
Thank you again for all your help.
Ella, I like the Astro Arugula a lot also. I may plant some this fall. As well as being heat resistant it is said to be cold hardy.
My Pink Tung Long Egg Plant is growing but it hasn’t flowered yet. It may grow a bit faster soon in that the weather is very close to cooling down a bit.
I primarily tried Castle Dome Broccoli because it was one of the earliest varieties I could find and I was (and am) trying to squeeze in as many crops in a season as possible. Previously I grew Premium Crop and liked it a lot but it is not as early as Castle Dome. Castle Dome turned out not to be just early but also very productive with great taste as well.
All the best, Larry
Zone9b is offline   Reply With Quote