View Single Post
Old May 29, 2018   #58
SQWIBB
Tomatovillian™

May 29th 2018
  • Friday my trellis supplies came in so I started work on my trellis for the concord grapes.

I was sick most of the weekend but I did get to try some stuff from the garden

• Lovage, Chives including florets, perpetual spinach, eggs, american cheese, grilled chicken, topped with Feta. I would have added the Feta to the inside of the omelet but I was splitting the omelet wit my daughter and she cant stand feta, so I topped with feta for the photo then scraped it off for her. lol.

• The omelet was dam tasty and the Lovage was really good, I was actually impressed, it was like a cross between celery and parsley (peppery celery) the perpetual spinach didn't taste too good raw but once cooked it was really good, it doesn't wilt quite like baby spinach so I added a tablespoon of water, wilted it down then added some olive oil and salt. A pinch of pepper flakes on the PS would have been nice but my breakfast guest doesn't like red pepper... yeah I know!

Cant wait to try some Frittatas like this.

• Better shot of the Blueberries and Comfrey flowers.

• Picked the broccoli to eat tonight, just starting to bolt.

This morning I was out in the yard at 4:30 am half naked due to the water line blowing again, this afternoon I ordered a pressure regulator, hopefully this will fix the problem for good!

SQWIBB is offline   Reply With Quote