Thread: mid season mess
View Single Post
Old July 4, 2020   #10
JRinPA
Tomatovillian™

LOL okay. Thank you. I do see a bed mentioned. I thought maybe he had too much sun but it turns out that was me. I kept re-reading "All single stem plants that produced between 300 and 400 tomatoes but best of all at least 100 of them were well over a pound and wonderful tasting". I think it was Bill a few years back that had a "town plot" of Big Boys? that he took something like 600 tomatoes off of six plants.

http://www.tomatoville.com/showpost....1&postcount=36 correction it was TomatoDon with the other BB tomatoes, but Bill had posted in that thread. I always gave him credit for that in my head...sorry Don! I was thinking Bill regularly grew 100 per plant...but 300 seemed incredible, even for him. :bow

I had an Estiva F1 one year with great morning sun and mid-late afternoon shade that I picked well over 100, but they were tennis ball to raquetball size. I want to say around 138 total? That was a CRW cage allowed to sprawl and not a hint of disease practically the entire year. So I was trying to wrap my head around how much more sun/longer the season they get in Alabama to grow 300 per plant single stem!

Last edited by JRinPA; July 4, 2020 at 04:19 AM.
JRinPA is offline   Reply With Quote