Thread: Eggplants 2019
View Single Post
Old July 3, 2019   #9
habitat_gardener
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipcode View Post
How is Diamond in terms of growth in colder times? Everywhere I see how it's supposed to the the standard for outside growing an I was thinking of trying it.

Also, is Galina - Galine F1? The older variety from Clause, Classic F1, is a really popular variety in eastern Europe for cheap seed price and good quality.
Yes! It is Galine F1. (I must have been thinking of the tomato.) Last year I grew Nadia and Galine next to each other and did not pay attention to which one produced or tasted better. afaik, both were about the same. I will try to pay attention this year. I chose these because they were the ones being sold at a local plant sale!

It has been really hot here -- 90s most days, 100s once a week or so. Earlier in the season, before I planted them, Diamond seedlings were smaller than Aswad and Violetta Lunga. But now, in the garden, they are all about the same.
The Aswad seed is new, but the others were seed I'd had for a few years and grew out to see if the seed was still viable! I still want to try Kamo, but didn't get seed for it this year.
habitat_gardener is offline   Reply With Quote