View Single Post
Old April 25, 2018   #19
GoDawgs
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissS View Post
GoDawgs I do hope that you have a window that you can open by your Mock Orange to allow it's incredible scent into your home. I had one at my old house and just loved it. Thanks for bringing back the memory.
I have never heard of a dwarf wisteria. I am going to look into this one. How old is yours and how tall is it? Do the deer prune it at all?
The kitchen window above the sink is right there by the plant. Know what? I've never thought to open it! It's a small window and kind of hard to reach over the sink to open but I'm sure gonna do it today!

Gosh, I'm trying to remember when I planted the Amethyst Falls. I worked for a large grower of ornamentals for 18 years and have been retired for seven so it's at least seven years old. I'd say it's about 3' tall and maybe 4-5' wide. The only pruning it gets is after it blooms when I cut off any "wild hairs" and shape it a bit and maybe a few more during the growing season. It's not aggressive at all, unlike the regular wisteria I foolishly planted about 15 years ago. It took four or five years to eventually kill that sucker off!
GoDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote