View Single Post
Old July 15, 2011   #75
Tracydr
Tomatovillian™

Flying brass, I also have noticed almost no nodules on my beans. I'm going to try innoculant on my peas, favas and green beans this fall.
I'm going to try some clover and annual rye on my pathways this fall, so that my chickens have some grazing. They are currently in Bermuda. Don't know what kind of clover to use, any thoughts on which type would be best?
I had a few squash bugs early on, one adult and a few juveniles. Dusted with diamectacous earth and haven't seen any since.
The aphids are really, really bad on my long beans and lemon cucumber right now and I'm not sure what to do. I've been spraying the long beans off once or twice a day but the cucumbers can't handle the force of the spray.
I'm about to yank the cucumber and replant. Thinking about chancing spraying the long beans with castille peppermint soap tonight despite the chance of burning, maybe misting the planting with water in the morning to simulate fake "dew".
I've had all sorts of hover fly larva, lace wings, lace wing larva and even praying mantids on the long beans but they just can't keep up. Do you thinks spraying with soap will be bad for them?
Tracydr is offline   Reply With Quote