View Single Post
Old March 21, 2008   #10
Ruth_10
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by feralcatfriend View Post
Ruth,
Thanks for your reply--I was wondering because our flavor preferences seem similar, so I was hoping you would suggest some varieties that would interest me, and you did!

Brandywine Sudduth's is my all-time favorite. I'll have to grow Earl's Faux again this year to see how it compares. I grew Stump of the World last year, but with high temperatures and a drought got nary a tomato and the few I did get were nothing special. I'll give it another chance in a year or two.

Tomaddict--what are your top flavor favorites over Missouri Pink Love Apple? I guess you weren't the one who wrote the SSE copy saying it has "complex sweet flavor that rivals that of Brandywine and Cherokee Purple"? Do you know where that flavor description came from? I'm asking because of the mixed messages between the SSE description and your comment above. Oh, and to get more leads on great-tasting tomatoes! Thanks!

Cynthia
I should add that Marianna's Peace is a favorite as well. Taste-wise I would rate it just behind EF and BWS. Production for EF, BWS, and MP is better than Stump and Millionaire, in my experience.

I really did want to like MPLA! It is a nice looking tomato and really pumps them out. I've grown them three times now in three different seasons, trying to find the flavor that others have, and I just don't find it.

As always, nothing beats growing them yourself to see how they suit you.

Some say the glass half-full. Others say the glass is half-empty. To an engineer, it’s twice as big as it needs to be.
Ruth_10 is offline   Reply With Quote