View Single Post
Old February 21, 2006   #11
geol
Tomatovillian™

Here it is! Didn't know if I was lost or somebody had moved the thread.
Thanks to all, for the replies. I also pot-up in an effort to not stunt or even suppress my plants, as Fusion power described. It took me a long time to learn to resist over watering and over fertilizing my seedlings, as they seem to do better with much less of either. Not planting to early, however, still seems to elude me, and from time to time, I find myself with bossoms if not actual tomatos. This brings me back to my original question, - Are determinants more effected than other varieties? Are others immune? Would a stunted cherry only produce millions of tomatos instead of gazillions? Funny that Lisa should mention Kimberly, since thats what started this whole thread. Growing it for the first time this year and just tested my seeds for viability and unable to kill them, even though this is way too early for my location.- I will try to grow on these plants to make my own comparison against a later start this year.
I had been growing tomatos, happily not knowing what I didn't know, for years until my wife decided that I needed a computer, But thats a different story.
geol is offline   Reply With Quote