View Single Post
Old August 12, 2018   #20
Ken B
Tomatovillian™

Update -- date is set -- Saturday, Aug 25th, 2-4 PM. We'll be sending out an email about it to local customers this next week.

We're in Mineral, VA -- ~15-20 minutes off I-64, halfway between Charlottesville and Richmond -- PM me for directions!

We'll have maybe 30-40 tomatoes and some peppers and other crops for tasting. Mild July weather slowed down the tomatoes some -- doubt we'll have much of the larger beefsteaks ready for the tasting, but we'll have a lot of cherries and smaller slicers. I'll try to post a list when we get closer to the date.

Interesting trial crops to look at this year = lettuce, cilantro, sunflowers, eggplants, amaranth, tomatoes, sweet + spice + hot peppers, cucumbers, basil, okra, beets, and flowers.

With seed crops, the most interesting/unusual = Yellow Centiflor tomato, Brazilian Starfish hot pepper, Kiss Me Over the Garden Gate flower + some other flowers, and Red Foliated White cotton.

And: for any folks wanting to get some, it's a good chance to buy garlic, cover crops, etc. since you don't have to pay shipping!
Ken B is offline   Reply With Quote