View Single Post
Old September 8, 2017   #68
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

We usually lose power for only 2 days after a storm, because our electrical is underground, so when they get the main transformer online, we get power back. So I am thinking I can let people know how we did by at least Wednesday. Oh what am I thinking I have a car charger so I can keep my cell phone charged and I can contact everybody to let them know I'm okay sooner. Interesting that a Prius has been mentioned I drive a Hybrid Camry. Gets about 35 miles to the gallon. if I get really hot I can go sit in the car for a while in the AC also. It's safe inside our garage.
Also we live in a very cosmopolitan densely populated area so it's not like we're out in the boonies waiting for help to get there. Florida now has a law where every gas station, every hospital all have to have generators so there will be gas flowing right after the storm. Every Publix has generators to so you can get supplies the next day as long as there aren't trees down in the road that you have to go around. if I have to I'll just get on my bike and ride if I need some supplies Publix is always just around the corner . My husband put air in our bike tires yesterday in preparation . it would be good to get some exercise anyway because the gym was closed yesterday so little be three or four days that I'll be going without . Like I said folks were Floridians we know about storms haha.
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote