View Single Post
Old January 18, 2015   #234
ChrisK
Tomatovillian™

I dont think I have sundwarf in mine. I don't see any kind of discoloration or scar tissue when they are in full sun:

Exposed leaves are greatly stunted, internodes less than 1 cm; stems somewhat constricted above the nodes, showing a brownish discoloration at first, scar tissue later; new shoots from base of plant grown normally until they break through the thick canopy

No good pictures at TGRC though.

I have seen some of the crosses elongate much more dramatically during the winter and stay tiny in full sun, as you are seeing. Under fluorescent lights they stay small e.g.the multiflora above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Abbey View Post
ChrisK : How do your micros grow in lower light conditions?

The micros I'm working with seem to include the sun-dwarf trait (in addition to the typical dwarf trait), so the super-small plants are only seen with bright sunlight. Some micro plants that topped out at maybe eight inches during the summer are continuing to grow at my south-facing window and have regrown to maybe two feet after the summer growth was trimmed down to less than an inch.

Ignorance more frequently begets knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. --Charles Darwin
ChrisK is offline   Reply With Quote