View Single Post
Old January 4, 2008   #53
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdntomato View Post
Carolyn, I'm still waiting for my 2008 SH catalogue and the online version is not yet updated. Last year's had incorrectly named Canuck varieties, ones I know Bill Minkey and SSE vaults have as well. I'm concerned that someone from SODC is circulating these registered Ag Canada varieties to unsuspecting folks, folks like Bill and Glenn who will deligently preserve these seeds, names and histories intact, not knowing there are problems. I've emailed Linda, but never heard back. Any suggestions? I can provided supporting documentation, if needed.

The problem with these wrong varieties goes deeper than my fixation with correctness; CFIA is exploring Canada Seed Act violations (and to date, no heritage seed company here complies) and is on the way to full adoption of the OECD Seed Scheme and the EU seed models. Plus Canada is currently negotiating a FTA with Japan that will require Canada to ramp up to UPOV 1991.

Thanks heaps!!!

Jennifer, thumping forehead on wall and anxiously awaiting the SH catalogue for the non-Canuck stuff
Jennifer, I don't know when you e-mailed Linda but it doesn't surprise me she didn't get back to you b'c I know she's been going flat out. Which is one reason she hasn't yet updated the website although I thought she said she had done the poultry section.

I'm afraid I don't really follow you as to the registered Canadian varieties. Does that mean they aren't supposed to be distributed?

Why do you think it could be an SODC member sending varieties. Couldn't it be Raymond as well, for I know he sent Glenn varieties as well, and I don't think he's an SODC member any more.

Sorry, but I just don't see what the problem is b'c of ignorance on my part.

As for the last paragraph, you've used so many abbreviations that I have no knowledge of that I can't quite understand what you're trying to tell folks. Maybe others understand them but I don't.

The best time to ask questions and fix errors at Sandhill is not now. Much better in the summertime when Linda is mainly inside and Glenn is mainly outside.