View Single Post
Old March 28, 2018   #17
Barb_FL
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by clkeiper View Post
I was going to ask how Sakura grows.....is this a cage tomato or can I trellis it? mine are just popping through the media.
My one plant is in an Earthbox in a square cage which it outgrew awhile back. Plant was too large to add extenders so I added height with bamboo poles. Lately, I am trying to go lateral with the growth on a lot of my plants. So far so good; they seem to get much less beat up by the wind.

I got my seeds from Johnny's and on their description it says it is a 'very tidy, compact plant fits well in tight spaces'. Not the case here.

If it grows like mine, it is definitely trellis material. I will try to get a picture tomorrow of the plant.

I have a 2nd plant that I started late January (we had a really cold January and started some just in case they all died). This one is in a root pouch and although smaller, due to being younger, does not look like it will compact either.

BTW - A compact plant that I have grown is Lizzano. The other compacts were Maglia Rose, and a lot of dwarfs.
Barb_FL is offline   Reply With Quote