View Single Post
Old June 22, 2015   #54
Starlight
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by per2012 View Post
So, the bleach spray does not affect healthy plant growth and has no long term environmental impact to the plant or the fruit. The spray kills diseased growth even if the disease is unseen by the naked eye. What's the harm in spraying my plants (let's say every 4 or 5 days) even though they show no signs of disease?
I don't know about spraying when no signs of disease is showing, gotta ask Bill about that, but on one thread somewhere I had asked him if it was ok to spray blossoms and fruit too . He said yes, and I haven't had a single problem and still had fruit set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole_Robbie View Post
It did kill the hell out of that black mold. The areas that were black are now brown. The vine is scarred where the mold grew, but looks to be healing.
Real shocker that first time, huh. Makes you wonder if you killed your plants off totally. I know the first time, I over did the spray. I guess I was in mild panic and since I couldn't see nor smell the bleach I sprayed mine twice. Really soaked them babies and fried them it looked like, but in a few days they had all new beautiful growth .

I agree and would like too to see the bleach spray method should be made into a sticky.

Bill... I do have a question for you too, please. I was waiting til dusk to spray, but now you know we in the 100+ and even at midnight it is still in the 80's+ with barely a degree or two lower in the early morning dawn. Is there a temp, do you happen to know off when the temps get just to hot and you shouldn't spray or do you just keep on regarless of temps?
Starlight is offline   Reply With Quote