View Single Post
Old August 7, 2019   #2
AKmark
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatgardens View Post
This is my first year using grow bags, and I like the results, thus far. Unfortunately, mine are a bit small for the varieties I'm growing. I have 10-gallon bags -- about 15" in diameter and 13" tall. I have a Stellar (determinate) growing in one and it is OK so long as I water it about every 24 hours. Much more than 24, and they start to wilt. 30 hours gives serious wilting.

So I'm thinking 15 gallon for next season. Any particular bags that folks seem to find pretty durable? 4 or 5 yrs would be great. Considering these at Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/VIVOSUN-Gallo...gateway&sr=8-8

As of right now, the dimensions of the 15 gal. are not listed. (But I did submit a question about the dimensions.) BTW, I'm planning on leaving these in place through the winter.

If it is a watering concern hook up a cheap drip system on a timer. Other than that there is no reason to use anything over 4-5 gallons, you will save a fortune in media. We grow about 1500 plants in 4 gallon, and each container has two plants. We have also grown around a thousand varieties. Right now, we have 15-20lbs hanging on each of the two plants in the containers. I have some grow bags that are 8 years old, most are very durable. Most outlets carry them. Good luck

-GG
AKmark is offline   Reply With Quote