View Single Post
Old August 20, 2018   #50
Cole_Robbie
Tomatovillian™

Cut basil was a surprise success for me. I would like to be able to have it at every market. I also do well with plants of basil, other herbs like cilantro and dill, and sometimes greens in 4" pots. The hard part is having all of it consistently every week.

In the spring, I am going to work on getting better night-time heat for my tomato and pepper plants. I had a brutally cold spring that took out most of my plants this year.

I can sell dwarf sunflowers in pots all summer long. The market for zinnias is mostly in the spring, especially mother's day weekend. But a few plants will still sell late into the summer if they look nice. I have experimented with mixing tall celosia and short zinnias in the same planter, and that went ok. I would like to be able to employ the ideas behind flower arranging into a planter of live plants - focal point, outline break, and filler.

My tomato plan for next year is to just have one product - a color mix of saladette-sized fruits. They are much faster to pick than cherry tomatoes, and no one else is selling a product like that. I'm sure I could sell at the local co-op, too, if I had enough supply.
Cole_Robbie is offline   Reply With Quote