Thread: Fusarium Wilt
View Single Post
Old July 18, 2017   #257
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
When that Dynamite food came out, I had several free samples of it. Me personally I didn't care for it. Didn't do a thing for me. I used to use Osmocote for in ground plants and then I switched to Vigrow (sp) from Home Depot. it about 8 bucks cheaper than Osmocote and seems to work better.

If you have a thrift store near by, get a cheap piece of sheer curtain material to provide a bit of shade for those plants at least til they get bigger. If you have any in the house, maybe your wife won't notice if one or two missing for a few months.

Gonna keep my fingers crossed for you. Hopefully something will grow or work out.
I have around 20 bed sheets that I use for shading. Our first born grandson named them dragons because they look sort of like Chinese dragons when being used.

From my personal experience on using organic fertilizers - I haven't seen any difference in the brands. I mostly just wanted to use it up to get it out of the garden tools and garden related barn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swellcat View Post

Really?

Might work for someone with a Green Acres or King Ranch spread, but, can't the land-challenged enjoy a tomato, too?

Good luck with the new seeds and inspirations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockporter View Post
I have that same question. My understanding is to rotate your crop and not plant again in the same spot for the same year. If that works great, but I have space challenge too and I can't see going even that long without planting again in the same spot without at least twice per year. I can rotate once and then I have to rotate back to the same containers.
It's a little closer to Green Acres out here. The 45'x45' main garden will be used to grow things that are supposed to kill RKN starting this fall with the second winter of growing Elbon Cereal Rye. This PDF explains it. http://30r8p93i26e4rjv9qo3ulokei.wpe...Cereal-Rye.pdf
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote