View Single Post
Old April 13, 2012   #73
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Dr. Carolyn made a really good point to me

Carolyn did, not Dr. Carolyn, the tomato variety.

Just saying that ever since I went online at message sites, which was in about the mid 80's I've always signed off as Carolyn; there was my professional life and then my private life.

I'm sure that in one of the posts above I noted that Lisa was invited to come to GW and defend her position. She came and also said that yes, she had changed names of varieties and yes, she had said this or that was rare/exclusive when it wasn't.

And finally said YES, she did it to increase sales.

For a year or so after that she was pretty good, but then went right back to her old ways.

I will not interact, nor suggest a website where I know the person does not have integrity, and she doesn't. And she certinly does not want to hear from Craig L or myself again since we tried so hard to correct her errors, many times, but it's useless.

Last I looked she was offering Todd County Amish and Amish Potato Leaf and twisted and misrepresented the blurbs on both of them. And I had gotten them from Doug in MN who posts here and introduced both of them after we named them.

She can find out the backgrounds of tomato varieties in the same way that many of us do now, by going to Tania's site or Googling a variety and also in the SSE YEarbooks, for those two, as far as that goes.

But when she once said she was an SSE member, I kinda checked on that, and she wasn't, but that was several years ago. No matter, she was not telling the truth at the time.

And I'll add that there have been lots and lots of folks who have had problems getting seeds from her after they've paid and well I remember one person who had lousy germination with a couple of varieties and Lisa sent her the same seeds again. That was that for that person.

Of all the websites I know online, which is quite a few, I can't think of any that I think twist info to increase sales. OK, overhyping varieties is one thing, lack of info about a variety is another thing, but DELIBERATELY doing what Lisa does is yet another thing, and the major issue for me and many others.

I've often wondered if she lurks here and there at some websites from time to time, but of course have no way of knowing that and if she has it hasn't meant any changes in her blurbs OR PR when she reads the complaints about her website.