View Single Post
Old February 13, 2019   #33
Tomzhawaii
Tomatovillian™

Default Ahhh. Progress & K.I.S.S.

So here's a small update.
I got so uptight over killing plants, that grew from seed wonderfully. That it came to be such a disapointment to keep trying. My lettuce and cabbage do great all year, in my rail system. It was the containers giving me trouble.I read a bunch of stuff and decided to have another go at tomatoes again. This time I made a big change. I bought a hydroponic liquid flush to clear all the nutrients and sodium from the coir. I went whole hog. Followed the mixing instructions and repeated this over and over. I ran fresh water through for 5 days changing the water everyday. Then let it rest for a week. My mind could not take it anymore, I had to find out what changes were made. So, digging around I found some Cherokee Purple and tomato seeds from the dollar store in Japan. Well 4 months later my experiment has bloomed big time. I cut back on my dosage and kept up on the cal-mag. But my lesson (IMO) was the overdose of nutrients and the sodium that comes with the liquids. All in All, it came out very well so far.
Aloha,
Tom
Tomzhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote