View Single Post
Old June 12, 2011   #32
tuk50
Tomatovillian™

desertlzbn, I agree with the other guys that it is more likely soil problems... as we desert gardeners all know, watering is a serious balancing act here. I presume your not container gardening... you might try turning over a shovel full of dirt between rows and smelling it ... check it out at the bottom of the hole to see how dry or wet it is. Sometimes the subsoil just needs a good deep long soaking this time of year and on the other hand if kept too wet it sours. A good long soak can also help leach out salts or fertilizers if too much nitrogen is in there. Tell us a little about what kind of soil and watering system you have. Keep the faith girl, Your tough! It is a real challenge here, but when it clicks WOW, what fun!
I had a garden at Orange Grove and I10 for about 25years and thought I knew how to garden here, but moved to Oro Valley for about 7years and had to start over learning and then built a new home here in Catalina a few years ago and am still struggling and learning every day.