View Single Post
Old April 17, 2017   #7
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

I sow my seeds march 21 expecting ripe fruit mid July for both my PL cherries and my large PL hearts. I pot up to litre pots, fertilize, try to maximize vigourous growth and plant my seedlings out hardened off properly, already blooming and two feet tall the end of may. Looking for ripe fruit around 110-120 days from sowing seed. (Mid July) which is quite early in a northern garden. I find counting days from seed to first ripe fruit is different and more accurate for my purposes than dtm from set-out because of such variable outdoor conditions. Interestingly, Marsha is getting about exactly the same timing in Florida. Diverging from standard practices has been my "thing" and is how i have been successful. Folk tend to blame the variety when things do t go well. Genetics are important but growing conditions and cultural practices count too.
I think it's interesting to see your projects Bower and have learned a lot from your study of genetics. I look forward to seeing your projects continue to develop and I wish you great success in perfecting your beautiful early tomatoes.
KarenO
KarenO is offline   Reply With Quote