Thread: Honeybees
View Single Post
Old June 8, 2017   #13
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

brownrexx, I had only seen bees like that in cartoons (Bugs Bunny days) and movies/TV. (The pictures in post #10.) It is amazing.

AKO1974, not TMI. All the Info you want to share - the better. My son is a member here too - although he doesn't post very much. I know he does read here. He is in his mid 20s.

Worth, in many ways adashofpepper is interested in a lot of stuff you are interested in. Today, he showed me a knife he made. The best comparison is to Old Hickory knives with a much better handle made from trees on or property. He wants bees - he will make it happen.

Lastfling, bees in a hose - it is funny in a way. I know it's not where you wanted them.

I don't know anything about honeybees other than they are here naturally in that tree and the experiences I have seen. I do know that they are European honeybees, they like anything sweet including hummingbird feeders and recycle cola and orange drink cans. When there is a swarm they fly in circles of what looks like hundreds or even thousands. I was told that is when the hive has more than one queen and part of them are relocating.

There is a whole lot to learn.
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote