View Single Post
Old February 16, 2024   #15
vanalpaca
Tomatovillian™

Default Italian Stallion and Romeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefyboy View Post
I have for the last 12 or so years, been using Oxhearts for my sauce production with a few beefsteaks thrown in if I have some that need using. I average about 16 gal of sauce a year in production here in Southwest Fl and am always looking to improve my collection of my best for this purpose. Lately it has been Mayo's Delight as my number 1 sauce tomato. I throw in some Orange Oxheart, Wes, and Mrs. Schlaubaugh's as well but my seed saving was off this year so will be ordering that one. I just made an order at Bounty Seed company for what they call Italian Stallion and Romeo. Has anyone tried these 2 tomatoes and what are your thoughts if you have? I have not posted on here in many years so I am sure the landscape has changed a bit!
I grew Italian Stallion last year. I found tomatoes on it toward the end of the season and they did have a bit of BER on them. I didn't really have enough to evaluate them. They had gotten a bit shaded out by my other tomatoes.

Romeo is supposed to be an excellent sauce tomato per Remi of Sample Seeds. She grew it for sauce until she found Santa Maria which she preferred. She grew tomatoes near Niagra, NY... Hope that helps. Also, Cow's Tit is supposed to be sweet and best when roasted first. if you want to try those.