View Single Post
Old August 12, 2016   #1521
Zone9b
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayrobbins View Post
I really would like to see a new thread because it has been really interesting to see how many responses we get in a year and also to keep searching for old posts easier. I wish we could have a regional forum like there is for the regional tomato taste testing and we could have each year posted in that forum.

Really I think a new Regional Tomato Growing topic would be good because we are not the only ones with unique challenges. I would take our heat, humidity and insects over those that have to cope with incredibly short growing seasons any time.
This forum already seems regional to me, i.e. for the most part it represents gardening issues which are faced by gardeners in Florida. Yes we get interesting contributions from others outside of Florida but many of the posts here are at least to a degree involving the issues of Florida gardeners. It seems to me if the region gets bigger, you often don’t get any responses to your posts. Also if you cut the pie too small such as Central Florida you maybe have 3 or 4 gardeners involved. In my mind you need a few more than that to make it interesting. If one thinks another thread would be more successful then one should create it, but for me this thread works pretty well. We have enough contributors to make it interesting and while we don’t all garden the same way, at least for me, I try learn from others.
I like this thread and will continue to use it for general gardening issues. Not until many others leave and I am posting to myself will I look for another general use thread.
Larry
Zone9b is offline   Reply With Quote