Thread: Buckets.....
View Single Post
Old April 11, 2020   #16
Joe Lyddon
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanstaafl72555 View Post
You guys are awesome. Thanks for all the responses. I am a little nervous as I "saturated" the buckets, in that I filled them to the point that water dribbled out of the holes in the bottom, let them sit in the sun for an afternoon, and then planted (or transplanted, to be more correct). I was a little surprised to see how LONG the water took to run thru the mix, and when I turned it, it looked like "gumbo" land (if you are from the South you know.... marshy, mucky, always wet swamp stuff). Dunno when to water, and more importantly, how much. Much thanks for the "collander" advice above. Actually, much thanks to everyone. I have now 56 buckets out, with three raised beds. Let's just hope I don't manage to kill everything.

Perhaps using a Moisture Meter would Tell You when it needs water?
The kind with a long probe... Stick it in, read the meter, either Water it or just go to next bucket.

You have a LOT of buckets of Tomatoes!! What kind(s) are you growing? Determinate/Indeterminate? Fertilizer & how often?

My main problem is stopping something from EATING them... I found big beetles, green winged June bugs(?)... I put netting over them... THEY STILL get to them! NOW what?! Do you have a pest problem?
Joe Lyddon is offline   Reply With Quote