View Single Post
Old May 30, 2016   #54
murihikukid
Tomatovillian™

Hi everybody...Where is the electricity???It seems to me that my posts for help are getting completely misconstrued and I am getting lessons in electrical safety...Forget the freezer box ..its only a "grow room" situated in my living room to sit my planter drums in and look reasonably tidy....and protect the carpet?
I have attached a couple of photos of a drum with some tubing in it ...not very tidy but when I decide on what tubing I need to use it will be tied around neatly to the inside of the drum ...the liquid will be fed to the inlet and come out of the outlet to be reheated and pumped round again....There is a lot of trial and error here to arrive at a system to get a soil temperature of 70 to 75 degrees F..

I would presume I will need a header tank and a pump ....Thats why I look at a washing machine ....It has an outlet ...an inlet ..a motor and pump and even a heater plus a few other control things that are unknown to me at this point of time...
I am basicly only throwing ideas out at this point ....But I am thinking I would need to build a control unit with perhaps washing machine parts in it supplying a header tank and pushing the liquid round the drums ,heating the soil and my tomato roots ....
Later what I learn inside I will try to apply to next seasons greenhouse..

Is not what I am trying to do the same principal as soil heating in a raised bed ....except my soil requiring heating is located in drums ..

I do appreciate the posts and ideas in them....Regards Ron
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DRUMA.jpg (351.8 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg DRUMB.jpg (443.9 KB, 33 views)
murihikukid is offline   Reply With Quote