Thread: Texas Look Out!
View Single Post
Old August 27, 2017   #170
Rockporter
Tomatovillian™

OH MY GOD! My mind is so blown right now I can't even express how much thanks I have to give. Why are we so blessed in all this devastation? Why us, how can we be so blessed?

My neighbor sent pics.

All fences in the neighborhood are down.

The RV is standing albeit some jacks are missing from the back and it's sitting on it's front as if the jacks are bent. But the darn thing is upright. It is 39' long by golly and doesn't look like one window is broken. Not even the sliding patio door on it. The neighbors shed is destroyed and against the RV in pieces. It looks like their may be some torn siding from the shed. But it is standing upright, this just boggles my mind.

The car trailer is still in it's place.

The MGB top is blown off and it's probably a huge loss with all the water damage.

My shed is there and looks to still be anchored in it's place.

My garden looks like everything is still in it's place. The planters we put into the large beds look to be still there. Some could be missing or it's just the plants that were in them are destroyed.

I don't know if my kennel surrounding my compost is still there or not, it is not tied down because there are pipes below.

I still don't know if the house flooded or not.

Oh MY God! So thankful but don't understand at all. My neighbor said his house did well and he still has his shed. Just a little water got into his shed. He says there is very bad damage all around town. How are we so blessed in all of this?

~Margaret Atwood~

Last edited by Rockporter; August 27, 2017 at 02:40 PM.
Rockporter is offline   Reply With Quote