View Single Post
Old March 21, 2018   #74
SueCT
Tomatovillian™

Well I imagine the costs to the sponsor have a lot to do with it also, as well as the crowd size they draw. Even in a parking lot, it only takes one slip and fall to wipe you out. They do have to cover their costs just like you do or they start to ask is it worth it, also. The larger ones around here have porta potties they have to buy/rent as well as licensing costs and fees. At 6-10.00/day, how much should they charge to make it worth the while to even hold an event? If they can't draw the crowds to make it worth you spending 20.00 or 25.00 then you won't, and they will fold. That happened to a couple of our local markets. Bigger crowds usually means more work, more porta potties, more clean up, a larger place to hold it... The same issues that apply to the sellers must apply to the organizers. I liked the local plant nursery holding a small one in the evening because I suspect it was low cost or free to sellers and the hope was to get more people to stop and attract customers for the nursery as well. Must not have paid off for them either, because they didn't continue it.
SueCT is offline   Reply With Quote