Thread: Jaune Flamme
View Single Post
Old August 5, 2018   #21
Barb_FL
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcgrady View Post
Tommy Toe : 7' tall plants, that produced a lot of ping pong size tomatoes, tasty! But is susceptible to blight or something.

(2) SunGold : both are tastin great but one has a lot of splitters (we've had 4" downpours then nothing for a week)

Snow White: grow a couple every year and have never been disappointed.

Riesentraube : second year heavy producer!

Barry's Crazy Cherry : millions of small grape tomatos that taste Great! Shake the plant and the ripe ones fall to the ground, easy harvest.

Brad's Atomic Grape : mine are just starting to get ripe... When they are, the taste is hard to beat. And lots of them.

Egg Yolk :tomato is an interesting color, but flavorless, and the plants are sprawling and not productive.

Pink Bumble Bee : Awsum production, and taste

Indigo Blueberries : Grest Color! No Flavor!

Matt's Wild Cherry : tons of flavor in a blueberry sized tomato

Japanese Pink Cherry : they taste great! So far, not many of them...

I need to walk the row of them tomorrow and do another taste test!
You have way more YEAHS than Nays. Try Sun Orange; it is an improved Sungold and doesn't split and slightly larger than SG. I grew it late this spring - Started seeds in March which is extremely late for Florida.

Atomic Grape is really good here too; bad splitter for me once it rains; even moreso than SunGold. I've grown twice now; I think since it was first introduced.

Pink Bumblebee - productive and beautiful fruit; just super bland; grown in a container like all my fruits.

Barry's Crazy Cherry - grew once but the plant died; then I didn't hear good things so didn't bother.

This '17-18 season for cherries I grew mainly hybrids from the Sun Series, Esterina plus Sakaru; all were great. I like thin skinned tomatoes; especially cherry tomatoes

Have you tried Marsha/KarenO KARMA PINK? It is also great although mine were ping pong ball size and larger. Will definitely grow again.

I want to try Maglia Rose and Blush again. I remember liking Blush and think I waited too long to pick MR when I grew it; it was determinate for me. Hopefully, they don't have thick skin.

Last edited by Barb_FL; August 5, 2018 at 11:04 AM.
Barb_FL is offline   Reply With Quote