Thread: Splatt 2008
View Single Post
Old February 27, 2008   #1
rodger
Tomatovillian™

Default Splatt 2008

Just wanted to inform everyone the third annual Tomato tasting will be held on Saturday July 19. So start making plans. I would like to see a good turn out of Tomatovillians this year and no excusses on not having any Tomatoes. If I can grow them organically in the red clay of the drought stricken disease infested piedmont so can you.Surely all those South Carolinians on this forum arent' just blowing smoke. It is time to show what you can do ,so get those plants started and step up to the challenge. It would be nice to hear what everyone is planning to grow this year. I have around 5000 seedlings ready to pot up of 164 varieties so far. My garden will be limited to 200 Plants and less than 100 varieties this year due to some commercial seed growouts. So I need some help to fill in the gaps.I am excited about recieving my organic certification and I am considering holding the event at my place to show those less fortunate growers from the mountains or the sandy coast how to grow a tomato. Those needing plants you know where I live and look me up at the Midlands Plant and Flower show April 17-20th in Columbia or the Pee Dee Plant and Flower show in Florence April 10-13th. Mention Tomatoville and get a plant of your choosing. Its going to be a great season.Rodger