View Single Post
Old November 20, 2016   #11
Rajun Gardener
Tomatovillian™

I'm aware of the heat it builds and quick too. I had problems with the old small one I bought off of ebay. I'm trying to figure out how I want to vent it. I see harbor freight has the automatic opener, have you used those before, do they work? I also have an idea for a fan. I have a new extra bathroom vent fan that I can mount at the top and vent it outside with a flapper valve that closes when it's not running and use an attic fan thermostat to control it. I checked it earlier and had to open it up, it went to 90 but cooled quick opened up. I think I'll have to get used to this one because the ceiling is so high up and that should help with the heat some. I'm also thinking of using another bathroom vent to blow across the reservoir to warm it up during the day.

I ran a small heater inside this morning because it got down to 38, I might set that up automatically too. I'm still kicking ideas around.

I asked a few people with greenhouses and use PT for the baseboards and none of them had a problems yet and it's going on 3 years.
Rajun Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote