View Single Post
Old April 21, 2012   #7
Firefyter-emt
Tomatovillian™

Thanks for the ideas.... I think Sherry is onto something here though! I am in die need to a proper potting bench, and I was planning to place this along the back wall. I had been looking for a small bar sink to mount in the potting bench, but I am loving the idea of one of those laundry tubs! I could leave the legs off, and build it into the potting bench itself, and just run a hose's from that.

My plan was to set the potting bench on that end wall, and build in some nice benches all along the sides. Under them can be raised bed gardens for some stuff like early lettuce and maybe beans.

While I am thinking of it, does anyone have some photos of their potting benches? I think the plan will have that sink as mentioned and a "back splash" with a shelf on the top and maybe some cubby holes and hanging hooks for tools. I do want a recessed dirt bucket with a wood lid that fits over it and would be flush with the bench top. I would like a large storage area under the bench for pots and stuff too. The benches along the side walls will connect into this to form a U shaped set up and the tops at the same height.

However, this is subject to change if I see something that I like!
Firefyter-emt is offline   Reply With Quote