View Single Post
Old January 28, 2012   #53
Dewayne mater
Tomatovillian™

A small business in Dallas called Texas Worm Ranch comes to my local farmer's market. (www.txwormranch.com) They offer castings, worms, to fully setting up beds for you. Most interesting to me is Worm Wine that they soak castings in water, add molasses and bottle it up to use in your sprayer. It is supposed to act as both a foliar feeding as well as being a strong anti fungal natural spray. The only down side is it needs to be used within 48 hours of purchase as it is an aerobic "tea." I can't wait to add it to the arsenal of more nature friendly tools.

A story in a local organic publication said that her tomato plants are strong, big, healthy and keep producing in the heat, while folks in the neighboring plots plants had succumbed to disease and heat. She uses castings in her bed and regularly sprays with the worm wine. This also works on all other vegetables and plants they say. I plan to check this out on my tomato plants this year. If it lives up to the hype, we could really be onto something.

Dewayne Mater

Last edited by Dewayne mater; January 28, 2012 at 01:03 PM. Reason: correcting typos
Dewayne mater is offline   Reply With Quote