View Single Post
Old June 20, 2012   #25
lakelady
Tomatovillian™

Hey Charlie! YES, exactly! I think that's exactly what the problem was. Last week, I found these little green worms chewing the heck out of my dinosaur kale and that's never happened. I do have some kale, just a few plants, in the garden with the tomatoes, and the rest are in the "old garden", even the ones in my earthbox, which I was sure were safe from slugs, got stripped. And yes, that was the same moth I found! Anyhow, I must have pulled 2 dozen little green worms from the kale, and i did wonder if they would somehow have eaten tomato leaves too. Anyhow, the damage has stopped, I just pulled all the bad leaves off and heavily inspected for anything else. Yesterday I sprayed with Spinosad, all the plants, except down by the lake, which I have yet to get to.

I would agree, we probably share the same plant "pests". This morning i found a brown worm high up on a potted tomato plant when I was spraying with seaweed. I bagged it so I can look it up. Just one thankfully, but now I have armyworms on the brain!....okay, it was a cutworm, which I would not have suspected because it was 2' high up on the plant, i usually have problems with them under the soil. little buggers!

Last edited by lakelady; June 20, 2012 at 08:58 AM.
lakelady is offline   Reply With Quote