View Single Post
Old September 12, 2017   #1
mensplace
Tomatovillian™

Default Thinking positively...variety suggestions

There was a time when I not only knew most of the characteristics of most of the best varieties and actively grew and tested hundreds. After my strokes and the insidious progression of Alzheimers, most of what I knew is gone. That said, this year I started late and was reduced to getting plants at Lowes and Home Depot. NONE had the flavor of those I had grown in the past.

Now the doctors said that I have about a year to a year and a half. I'm calling B.S.. Just getting out to my tomato patch was the best therapy ever and has helped immeasurably in attitude, outlook, and physically. After being reduced to sitting for the past couple of years, my working around my little garden not only gave me exercise, but something to look forward to. Amazing how important that is!

Now I am thinking positively and thinking in terms of what seed I should select to start next February.

If YOU were in such a situation what would be your top ten (not yellow or black) for size for slicing for sandwiches, huge, deep flavor, and consistent long term production with minimal pampering? Thanks so much for your consideration!

Is there a tomato with flavor and characteristics that you love above all others? Wish we had a tomato hall of fame reflecting the very best of the best!

Last edited by mensplace; September 12, 2017 at 02:17 PM.
mensplace is offline   Reply With Quote