View Single Post
Old April 5, 2016   #22
murihikukid
Tomatovillian™

Hi...I presume my laterals will lose some colour until roots develop and provide what the lateral requires ..I check them every morning and night ..maybe be its me breathing on them ??..One thing I would like to ask and hope its not out of place here is variety choice ...To be honest none of this years varieties I planted apart from Sungold and a very small cherry variety that was sold to me as Kiev but is clearly mislabeled really tickle my taste buds ....I wonder if you have a preference for any variety..I am looking for a sweet medium sized red tomato that is not "mushy" like Amish Paste ...but like a Tasty tom.... if there is one...I am visiting the nursery where I got the laterals from in the morning to plead for a few more if available ....They have a huge Tasty Tom and although its getting on in the season here it should still have some young laterals on it...I managed to get some rootstock seeds today...$1.50 each and hopefully do some grafting later....Re rooting Hormones ..one NZ gardening website I posted on recommends manuka honey ???
Regards Ron
murihikukid is offline   Reply With Quote