View Single Post
Old January 27, 2017   #11
MissMoustache
Tomatovillian™

Location: Cold hardy zone 4b-5a, Heat zone 4-5, Sunset zone 43
Default Couldn't resist...

Another gardening book came today! It's more inspirational than practical, I'm a little disappointed at that.

But I've also ordered a used copy of The Flower Farmer so hopefully that will be more suited to my needs.

I stopped into the hardware store and well guess what? They have their Burpee seed racks out! I couldn't resist. I have gone through my seeds to sort them and these are ones I don't have anyways.

Gotta keep trying to grow parsnips. This year I'll be starting them in paper towels just to get them sprouted, then planting outside with a base and cover of vermiculite to keep them happily moist. Fingers crossed it finally works.

Catnip...I have cats. I'm going to grow a whole row of it and harvest it to dry for toys to sell. I'm going to donate the proceeds to the local animal shelter.

I'm hoping to do a whole swath of wildflowers along the wooded edges of the property. More natural habitat and food for bees, butterflies, and birds and hopefully beautiful color from spring to fall. These flowers are going there and also in flowerbeds near the house. I may devote one raised bed in the garden to cutting flowers too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170127_114804_hdr.jpg (313.6 KB, 202 views)

gwendolyninthegarden.blogspot.com
MissMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote