View Single Post
Old May 25, 2017   #4
TC_Manhattan
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by ako1974 View Post
That stinks. I have bought from Cross-Country Nurseries (chileplants.com is the web address for delivery) and have always been satisfied. That said, I have always gone to the site myself, since it's not far away. Can you email them about your purchases? All interactions I've had with them have been very good.
That's just it. Sure, I can go in person and come away with nice plants (or none if they're in poor shape), but the proof in the pudding is how they handle mail order. After all, we are purchasing on good faith, sight unseen. If any place uses mail order as an outlet for lesser merchandise, how can they expect repeat customers?

Hirt's Gardens has many mediocre reviews on Amazon and Dave's Garden site, but I can go in person and pick out lovely plants at a far lower price than that which they sell for on-line. 4-pak Sun Sugar tomatoes are $1.99. But...I don't have to rely on what their packers choose to box up and dump.

It takes a truly dedicated merchant to honor their mail-order customers. Shipping costs are expensive and one would hope they would honor that investment in their products.

Some don't..
TC_Manhattan is offline   Reply With Quote