View Single Post
Old December 30, 2016   #3
javafxnoob
Tomatovillian™

Thanks for reply jmsieglaff,

So far, my plans are 4-5 varieties because limited space. I think that will be total of 40-45 plants in best case scenario, 25-30 in worst case. Thinking of put few plants in containers too, 2-5 I think.

I was thinking to start seed in 2 rounds.

First round, around 20. January and if they germinate around 1. February to put them in cold frame. After that 6 weeks, so about 15. April to transplant in garden.
Second round, start seed about 1. February and transplant in garden last week of April or start of May.

Your pot-based advise will be followed. Thank you very much.

Most of plants will be Novosadski jabucar and Volovsko srce. They have them in shop, but I don't think it is a heirloom version. If I reading declaration well.
I am thinking to plant few Cherry Belle variety that is my first and only so far tomato I was growing. I like those small fruits.

I am still waiting from a friend from neighboring village to donate seed for my small plantation as he promised. Not sure if even he knows name of variety so I will name it after I see how fruit looks.

Your advise to look for online sources was helpful, thanks for that. I was worried how high will transport fee be, assumed there is no heirloom seed offers in my country. And, as usual, assumption is mother of all mistakes. Fortunately, I found one site, so for this year about an hour ago ordered Black Krim from them, hope it will be a good yield from it and provide me seed for next year.

Good luck with your Crnkovic variety, I hope you will have much tasty fruits on your table.

God bless you

Last edited by javafxnoob; December 30, 2016 at 08:24 AM.
javafxnoob is offline   Reply With Quote